Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Beauty Favourites - Spring 2012

I haven't been buying any makeup products for the last few months since I've been trying to use up my current collection of makeup. I'm one to believe that there's no point in hoarding hundreds of makeup products because you only have one face and there's only so much makeup you can put on your face without it looking ridiculous. 

Hence, I'm going to share my favourites from my collection for Spring 2012.


Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream
My first ever skin base product and it's still my favourite. The shade I currently use is No. 23 but it's a little light for my skin tone. Missha have recently released a new shade - No.27 - which I want to get my hands on, but I'm going to wait until I go to Korea to purchase it. 
For me, this BB cream covers my light blemishes fairly well and it doesn't result in my skin looking dry. Most foundations tend to make the skin around my nose look really dry, but this BB cream doesn't do this at all. 


Majolica Majorca Puff De Cheeks - PK301
I received this as a birthday gift. The packaging is so pretty! At first I didn't really like to use it as it was too light and didn't show up as much as my other blushes. I started using it again a few weeks ago, and it's perfect for spring. It is a subtle light coral pink shade and it gives the perfect flush for the doll face look.

Urban Decay Brow Box - Brown Sugar
I use the lighter shade exclusively on my brows since my eyebrows aren't that sparse to begin with.



Too Faced Naked Eye Palette
I enjoy this so much more than the Urban Decay Naked Eye Palette. While the UD Naked Eye Palette has a lot of pigment, I find it too showy and intense for my tastes. The Too Faced Naked Eye Palette comes with a matte black and more light colours which are wonderful for the spring.


Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler - Limited Edition Gold
I love this! If you have trouble curling your lashes because the curler doesn't sit right against your eye, try the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. I haven't had it snag my eyelid yet!


 Urban Decay Primer Potion
I have oily eyelids, so primer is a must for me. This is the only one I've tried, as it works very well. It comes in a squeeze tube design which is a huge improvement from its predecessor - the doe foot applicator.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil - Zero
This eyeliner is hands down the best I've tried. My friend Jen, was kind enough to give me a mini pencil and I haven't looked back since. It's dark and it doesn't smear on my eyelid (which is more than I can say for other eyeliners - gel and pencil). I also have a brown one which I like as well.

Ameli Cake Eyeshadow - Sweet Diamond
This is my favourite eyeshadow if I want to do the sweet, doll like look (Louis Vuitton S/S 2012 Makeup). It's a pink with a lot of gold shimmer. It's lovely if you put it just on the ball of your eye.


Maybelline One By One Mascara
I've always like Maybelline mascaras. I think of all of the drugstore brands, Maybelline make the best ones. My favourite is the Volume Express Falsies - the volume is wonderful and it doesn't clump. However, the One By One Mascara offers clean defined lashes and it is great for everyday - even on its own it looks good because it doesn't clump

Unfortunately, I don't have any lip favourites. I'm still looking for a nice pink lipstick that looks nice on my skin tone.

So, there are my Spring 2012 beauty favourites. What are your favourite products for this season?

No comments: