Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Factors of De-stress

Since it's the holidays, I've been working a lot. I need a way to de-stress so I took to art! 
I've always wanted to dabble in watercolours from a young age, but I've never had the opportunity. 


I also bought myself a wooden pose doll because I'm actually pretty terrible with perspective and the relationship between the human body and space.


My first watercolour! It's a simple scene that I learnt to do from an online video - or the mountain and sky at least. The inspiration was Remembrance Day ceremonies. Sunset sky, a bare mountain but at the foot is a field of poppies - as symbol of all those who died on that field fighting for freedom. The poppies, red like the blood that was shed that day.


My friend Lawrence visited me today at work and we went for Snag Stand after work. Note to self - don't get the shredded cheese next time. It was still yummy! It's just hard to eat. 


I also set out today to buy an eyebrow pencil. I was actually looking for the Shu Uemura one, but they didn't have any of the shade I wanted in stock ): I did sign up for the notification of when the stock would come in though. 
I also wanted the Revlon Photoready compact foundation but it was out of stock! 
I was so frustrated that I lashed out and bought the Shu Uemura eyelash curler, a l'Occitane hand cream and Chanel's Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle. I also got a free mascara sample which was awesome sauce.



I've also been watching The Legend of Korra. It's the sequel to 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' and it's pretty darn good! I'm a little weirded out by how fast the progression of characters and their relationships with each other are, but it could be because I watched it in two days. I can't wait for the next season!

Pony xx

1 comment:

Sue // www.suelovexx.com said...

The drawing is really pretty! I remember playing around with watercolour in primary school. I wasn't any good, I just liked mixing the colours with water haha *loser*
Eeep did you buy all the makeup in store? Must have been really expensive due to Australia's crazy inflated prices! I got my Shu Uemura curler for ~$15 in HK! Also why is the mascara sample packaged in a satchet looking thing LOL